1.2 When this Policy mentions "we", "us" or "our" it refers to the controller of your information under this policy. The data controller responsible for your information is Diskbit, a Dutch company with its registered office at Julianastraat 2, Lekkerkerk, South-Holland, Netherlands. Despite this, you alone control and are responsible for posting any content you submit through the Services, as provided in the Terms of Service.
2. Information collection and usage
2.1 Diskbit collects and uses your information below to provide, understand and improve our Services.
- a. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
- b. Information that you provide us when registering with our website, such as your name, username, password, email address or phone number.
- c. Information that you provide us when completing your profile on our website, including your name, username, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details.
- d. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletters and/or email notifications, including your name and email address.
- e. Information that you provide to us when using the Services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those Services, including timing, frequency and pattern of service use.
- f. Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any transactions that you enter into through our website, including your name, address, phone number, email address and card details.
- g. Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet, including your name, username, profile pictures and the content of your posts.
- h. Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send though our website, including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication.
- i. Any other personal information that you choose to send us.
2.2 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
3. Information sharing and disclosure
3.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
3.2 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies, this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
3.3 We may disclose your personal information;
- a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- b. in connection with any outgoing or prospective legal proceedings
- c. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
- d. to the purchaser or prospective purchaser of ant business or asset that we are or are contemplating selling
- e. to any person who reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
3.5 Commerce transactions - If you make a payment as part of a commerce transaction through our Services, we may provide the seller, commerce provider, marketplace, or charity with your name, email address, shipping address, Payment Information and Transaction Data to facilitate payment processing, order fulfillment, and dispute resolution (including payment and shipping disputes) and to help prevent, detect, and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities. Please refer to these third parties' privacy policies for information about their privacy practices.
3.8 Public or Non-Personal information - We may share or disclose your public, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information, or reports to advertisers about unique users who saw or clicked on their ads after we have removed any private personal information (such as your name or contact information).
4. Information usage
4.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
4.2 We may use your personal information to;
- a. administer our website and business
- b. personalize our website for you
- c. enable your use of the Services available on our website
- d. send you goods purchased through our website
- e. supply to you Services purchased through our website
- f. send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- g. send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- h. send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it
- i. send you marketing communications relating to our business or business of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology
- j. provide third parties with statistical information about our users but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information
- k. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- l. keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- m. verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website, including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service
4.3 If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
4.4 Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
4.5 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
5. Accessing and modifying your personal information
5.1 If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
5.2 Keep in mind that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, like your user profile information, even after you have deleted the information from our Services or deactivated your account.
6. International data transfers
6.1 Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
6.2 Keep in mind that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, like your user profile in Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area; (the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India)
6.3 Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
7. Security of personal information
7.1 We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
7.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
7.3 All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
7.4 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7.5 You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential.
8. Your rights
8.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to;
- a. the payment of a fee, which is currently fixed at EUR 100
- b. the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity, for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address
8.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
8.3 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
8.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
9. Third party websites
9.1 Our website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
9.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
10. Changes to this Policy